DFU Mode is a "Device Firmware Update" mode, when you wish to Jailbreak your iPhone/iPad or update latest iOS release on your device, activating DFU Mode is necessary to bypass the standard restoring procedures and load custom firmware on your iOS device. So, to downgrade your iPhone from its current iOS version, you have to switch your device to DFU Mode.
Follow this article, you will learn the step-by-step how to put iPhone or iPad into DFU Mode.
Easy Guide: How to put your iPhone, iPad into DFU Mode?
Here take iPhone as an example.
• Step 1: Open iTunes and Connect the Device to the computer.
Open iTunes on your PC or Mac. Then, with your iPhone or other iOS device turned ON, connect it to your computer using its USB cable, make sure iTunes running on your device while connecting.
• Step 2: Hold Buttons
It is very important to hold down multiple buttons simultaneously. Press and hold BOTH the Home and Power buttons for at least 10 seconds.
• Step 3: Timing attention, and Switching Buttons
When your iPhone turns off completely, let go of the Power button BUT KEEP ON PRESSING the Home button for about 5 seconds. The screen on your iOS device should remain blank at all times.
Note: This may need some practice as over holding will display the apple logo on your screen, meaning that you have to start all over again.
• Step 4: Enter DFU Mode
On your PC or Mac you should see a pop up on iTunes saying that your device is in Recovery mode and has to be restored. This indicates that your iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch has successfully entered DFU mode and is now ready to be restored.
• Step 5: Done
Now, you should click OK and restore you iPhone using the Shift+Restore method.
More information of iPad/iPhone/iPod Recovery
iPad/iPhone/iPod Recovery lets users to restore lost data, including photos, music, videos, SMS, contacts , call history, calendar, reminder, notes, voice memos and more from iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch. 2 Recovery Modes Provided：
• Recover directly from iOS Device - Retrieve data from iPhone 5, iPhone 4S, iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS, iPad1 and iPod Touch 4G by directly scanning the device.
• Recover from iTunes Backup - Recover data for any iOS device like iPhone 4S, iPhone 5, etc. by extracting the previous iTunes backup with any version of the software. It supports the newest iOS 6 when you use this recovery mode!
• iPad/iPhone/iPod Recovery Reviews: (great)
• Total downloads: 54689
• Downloads last week: 186
Free download the Windows or Mac version with the iPad/iPhone/iPod Recovery, you can regain your deleted files fast and easily.
Related Guides & Articles
• Get an iPhone out of Recovery Mode
• Restore iPhone from older Backup
• Recover Deleted Data from iPhone