DFU Mode enables you to perform specific tasks on your iOS device as below points:
1. In the DFU Mode, neither your iPod's OS will be loaded nor the bootloader but your iPod Touch will be used with the iTunes to restore, upgrade or downgrade your iOS Firmware.
2. The DFU Mode also helps you when you won't have the option for Recovery Mode due to some reason or if you want to Jailbreak your iPod using some 3rd party Jailbreak tool.
3. The DFU Mode is also an important step when you are flashing a custom IPSW or Restoring your iPod Touch using the iTunes.
After learning the advantages of DFU Mode, let's proceed to the steps to Put your iPod Touch into DFU Mode.
How to Put your iPod Touch into DFU Mode easily?
• Step 1: Connect with computer
Connect your iPod to your computer with the USB connection cable.
• Step 2: Connect with iTunes
Click on the Windows or Mac "Start" button, select "All Programs" and choose "iTunes", then connect your iPod Touch with iTunes.
• Step 3: Press two buttons
Press and hold the "Home" button and the "Power"iPod touch at the same time.
• Step 4: Release one button
Release the "Power" button after 10 seconds. Continue holding the "Home" button, hold it until iTunes starts showing this message "iTunes has detected an iPhone in recovery mode. You must restore this iPhone before it can be used with iTunes".
• Step 5: Done
Click "OK" on the pop-up that appears on the computer to confirm the iPod Touch is in DFU mode.
Note: It is very easy to exit DFU Mode, too. What you need to do is just hold "Home" and "Power" Button till the Apple Logo appears.
Try Out iPad/iPhone/iPod Recovery Software
iPad/iPhone/iPod Recovery enables you to preview and restore the backup file, no matter you are using iPod Touch, iPhone, iPad or the older version, you can restore them all or restore them selectively. Moreover, it also enables you to scan and recover data from iPhone 5s/5c/5/4S directly, when you don't have iTunes backup.
You can click the below buttons here to get a free trial then preview and scan the deleted data for iPod Touch.
Related Guides & Articles
• How to Recover Deleted Files from iPad
• How to Get an iPhone out of Recovery Mode
• How to Restore iPhone to Factory Setting